Translation Services at HABLAMOS FAQ's
1. What types of documents do you translate?
With over 10 YEARS of professional translation experience, ATA certification, and professional medical and legal knowledge, HABLAMOS is equipped to prepare any document needs you have for realty, legal, commercial, academic, personal use. Our certified translations of official records include birth/death certificates, marriage licenses, academic transcripts, wills, contracts, vehicle and real estate titles, summons, legal contracts, financial reports, medical records, court orders, correspondence, web pages, advertising copy, forms, surveys, witness testimonies, and more. Our commercial translations include business correspondence, ads, web copy and human resources materials. Our clients are law firms, government agencies, students, immigrants, businesses and professional organizations.
2. What languages do you handle?
We specialize in English to Spanish and Spanish to English translations.
3. Can I come to your office?
Unlike most translation companies you are welcome to visit our office : 7502 S. Staples Suite F2, Corpus Christi, TX 78413. This is on the corner Holly and Staples in Copperfield square. We're on the second floor of the atrium. You can drop off documents or payments in person, pick up your finished translation, or meet with a translator to discuss a complex order. We can also schedule a zoom meeting for out out of town clients
4. How do I get my original documents to you, and my translations back?
We usually receive scanned images (PDF, Png, jpeg) of the originals by e-mail. We can use these for quoting and translating. You can also mail or drop off the originals, or photocopies, and we will get them back to you with the translations by mail or in person. We also send the translations as PDFs or Word documents by e-mail if needed.
5. What does "certified translation" mean?
A certified translation (sworn or official translation), is one with a signed statement by a professional translator attesting to the accuracy of the translation. The American Translators Association, a trade organization, does offer a highly-regarded certification exam to its members. All translation will be performed by a an ATA-certified translator.
6. What is your guarantee?
When we take your order, we'll ask who the translation is for (Employer, college applications, USCIS, visa agency, etc.) and we will review their translation requirements. We prepare your translation to meet those requirements, and guarantee that it will be accepted. On the rare occasion something needs to be corrected, we will do so promptly without an extra charge.
7. Will my translation come with a notarized certification statement?
All documents requiring a certification statement will have this as a cover sheet stapled over the translation. The details of the certification statement can be adjusted depending on the requirements of your end user, but will always include contact information for our company, the name and signature of the translator and a declaration that the translation is complete and accurate will be included. These affidavits can be notarized if necessary.
8. Can you get my translation apostilled or authenticated?
Some foreign governments require an apostille or authentication on U.S. documents, which we can obtain for you Texas Secretary of State's ($90 for the first document, $35 thereafter).
9. Can I get extra copies? Reprints?
International or priority mail?All translations come with a PDF or Word file by email. There is no charge to have your translation mailed by U.S. mail to a U.S. address, and expedited shipping by FedEx or other carrier will be quoted based on current rates. Extra copies or reprints of any translation are $10.
10. Why use HABLAMOS for you professional Spanish/English Translation needs?
- Experience: Highly trained, certified, specilized in extenisve industry vocabulary, goverment requirements for certification, and medicine.
- Quality: All of our translators hold a minimum of masters degrees and beyond. All have native level competence in the language they translate into and an excellent understanding of the source text language. All certified by the ATA.
- Accuracy. HABLAMOS has a quality assurance department that involves a review by an independent translator. When you choose HABLAMOS you get a real human translation experience. That's because we only use human translators to translate your documents.
- Speed. Regardless of the language project, when we accept a project we won’t miss the deadline. Because last minute, time sensitive projects often come with unforeseen edits and additions, we plan for them so that they can be included while still meeting the deadline. Just contact us and we are happy to work with you.
- Price: At HABLAMOS we offer the most competitive prices out in the translation market as well as special loyalty pricing for repeat customers.